Thursday, August 6, 2009

John Hughes, RIP

Wow, first Farrah and Michael, and now John Hughes. My adolescent and teenage years are fast becoming a faint memory.

Hughes either directed, produced (or both) some of the most popular and lucrative movies of the 1980's and early 1990's. A glimpse of his brilliance (WARNING: F-bombs aplenty):



"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)

We'll miss you, Mr. Hughes.

UPDATE: A nice testimonial to the character of John Hughes. Robert Thorn, your admiration for the man and his body of work is well placed...

3 comments:

Doc Milnamo said...

John Hughes owned the 80's. He will be missed.

..... said...

His movies were funny, clever, and poignant all without being over the top. Now I love crossing the line for humor, but I appreciate and respect that he could make me laugh without having to do so. I don't really get bummed about "celebrities" passing, but his makes me feel a bit sentimental for those days I don't mind tell you.

Doc Milnamo said...

Mr. Thorn, you said, "I don't really get bummed about "celebrities" passing, but his makes me feel a bit sentimental for those days..." I believe you've captured it.

For the majority of the 80's, I was in my 20's. His passing makes me too feel a bit sentimental, and also old!

Newer Post Older Post Home