Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Amateur Hour Continues at the White House

A hot mic picked up a conversation between Nicolas Sarkozy and our President at the G-20 Summit last week, and it put neither leader in a flattering light. In the conversation, Mr. Sarkozy revealed that he 'could not stand' Benjamin Netanyahu and that he thinks Bibi is 'a liar.' O's contribution to the exchange? 'You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him every day!' (You may not have heard about this, as journalists present at the event were requested to sign an agreement to keep mum on the embarrassing comments. Why? I don't know.)

This was a private conversation accidentally being picked up by a hot mic, so one could empathize to a degree. But seriously: 'I have to deal with him every day' ? Poor O.

Bibi could kick the ass of these two without breaking a sweat. And for unfathomable reasons, this President continues to have the support of the Jewish community. Why is that?

4 comments:

"The Hammer" said...

That is a really good question. Why are Jews one of the most reliable constituencies of the Democratic Party?

That's a difficult and complex question to answer but I can say this, times are changing. Antisemitism is on the rise, and primarily among the left. And people like me who don't have an antisemitic bone in their body are rethinking our relationship with Israel.

Consider this, if we told Israel they were on their on, half of our national security problems (and budget) would go away overnight.

BigFred said...

Hammer, I think you at least owe me a footnote.

Anonymous said...

I lived for part of my boyhood in a Jewish neighborhood and remember my neighbors giving money to plant a tree in Israel. Today it's the Chistian fundamentalists who care about what happens to isreal as the jewish community seems to have turned on them since i was a boy.

Anonymous said...

I remember Ronald Reagan's open mike gaffe about changing policy against the Soviet Union...something to the effect of, "We begin bombing in 10 minutes."

Now THAT'S foreign policy.

Newer Post Older Post Home