Attempting to avoid very important paid work, I turn instead the the pleasures of unpaid blogging, and my annual predictions post. Here are the ten I made last year and the assessment:
1. Chris Christie will be re-elected in NJ---CORRECT
2. Republicans will lose the VA Governor's race--CORRECT
3. UVA's 2012/2013 Basketball Team will make the NCAA Tournament--INCORRECT
4. UVA Football will return to a Bowl Game with 8 wins or more.--INCORRECT
5. The Atlanta Falcons will win the Super Bowl over the Denver Broncos--INCORRECT
6. Barack Obama will be above 58% approval on 12/31/2013--INCORRECT
7. John Boehner will not be the Speaker of the House on 12/31/2013--INCORRECT
8. I will weigh less than 175 lbs on 12/31/2013 (currently 192)--INCORRECT
9. "Lincoln" will win the Best Picture Oscar--INCORRECT
10. Barack Obama will replace 2 members of the Supreme Court--INCORRECT
That's right, folks, only 2 of 10 correct predictions! Down one from last year's terrible performance. I can't say that I'm disappointed that my Obama popularity prediction did not come to pass...
Here are my 2014 Predictions
1. Republicans will pick up at least 23 seats in 2014
2. Republicans will win back the Senate
3. Nancy Pelosi will resign from her leadership position in the House Dem Caucus
4. The strictures of Obamacare as applied to Employer provided plans will achieve full fetch this year, as tens of millions of people find out that their current plan is "non-compliant" and that the new menu from which they can choose includes only more expensive options. This dooms Democrats in 2014
5. The stock market will be above 17,500 on 31 December 2014.
6. I will weigh less on 31 December 2014 than I do today (29 December 2013--178).
7. The Kansas City Chiefs will win Super Bowl 48.
8. UVA Football will win seven games or more in 2014
9. UVA Basketball will make the NCAA Tournament
10. UVA Basketball will lose in the second round.
There you have it folks. You heard it here first!