Friday, January 9, 2015

Big Fat Friday Free For All

Good morning, friends.  What's on your mind today?  Worried about the Religion of Peace?  Concerned that the U.S. isn't doing enough to explain "true tenets of Islam" to the rest of the world?  Have you lost your plush Committee chair job in the Senate?

Sing out, friends, sing out.

As some of you know, I'll be at the Naval Academy this evening participating in a debate on the future of the aircraft carrier.  I'm for, the other guy's against.  If you can get on military installations, it is open to the public (Mahan Auditorium, US Naval Academy) and begins a 7:30 Sharp.  If you can't make it, you can watch the livestream on Youtube (below).  And we were informed last night that CSPAN would be there to videotape it for showing on one of their channels--don't know what, but if I do I'll let you know.



Finally, On the 150's by 50 front--it was a good week, and if I hadn't had a big ribeye at Outback before teaching last night (one which has not yet departed my system), the news would likely be smashing.  But I weighed in this morning at 191 lbs, which means a loss of 7.8 lbs thus far.   How are you doing?  Below is over ten years of weight data.  Of interest (to me, not you likely) is the dramatic impact being in uniform had on keeping me within a pretty defined weight band and when things got heavy, acting on it quickly.  I retired in the spring of 2008 and then dropped a lot of weight (not working, specifically working on my health and fitness) and began a steep drop--which since then has become these wide swings over a long time to get things under control.  Much higher highs, and I stay fat for longer.  One of the unstated (until now) goals of this diet is to try and work out these wide swings.


1 comment:

JT1310 said...

Well done, CW. Factual, unemotional, on target and witty. In the words of Frank the Tank, "That's how you debate!"

Newer Post Older Post Home