Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Can Trump Save America?

I like Donald Trump. I like his style. I like the way he does business. I'm not in love with the guy and I certainly don't agree with everything he says, but he's authentic and there's not a phony bone in his body. He's an old school businessman, which means he doesn't backdown at the first sign of trouble.

As you may know there are three business types (forgive me, I'm stealing these from a GREAT book I read many years ago). Anyway there's the guy who is very upfront. 'I'm here to make the best deal possible, not to be pals. I'll do what I say but you had best be a good negotiator because I'll expect you to do what you say, otherwise it'll be your ass!' This is the most honest, or as honest as you're gonna get in the business world. At least you know where you stand with this guy.

Then there's the 'Oh I'm very reputable and I want the best deal for both of us. Don't worry about it, no need to put it in writing, I won't screw you.' He'll screw you blue first opportunity.

Lastly there's the 'Oh I'm very reputable and I want the best deal for both of us. Don't worry about it, I won't screw you.' This guy actually believes what he's saying at the time, but when times get hard he'll screw you like a boiler room stock broker with a coke habit. This is the most dangerous, a guy who believes his own bullshit. Typically he's a Democrat.

Trump is obviously the first type, therefore he is NOT a politician. In fact I would describe him as the anti-politician. Oh he understands the media and public relations alright. He knows how to manipulate those dolts in the media and make no mistake, most of them are dolts (wouldn't make a pimple on a real journalist's ass!). But I think he subscribes to the Reagan school in that good policy makes good politics...in the long run. Short term, not always.

Say what you will about Donald Trump he's shaking things up. He's saying what some politician can't, or more to the point don't have the balls to say. He's calling 'em like he sees 'em and he's giving it to us with the bark on. He's not going to win anything, he's not a politician and he well know he's not going to win. But maybe, just maybe his honestly and guts will rub off on some of these mealy-mouth, hemming and hawing, fence sitting clowns we have running. You'll  please notice that if they've said anything about Trump at all it was to attack him personally, nobody disputes what he says.

So I welcome THE DONALD. He's doing this I think because he's NOT a loser, and he's tired of America losing. I hope he stays in until the end. We need a good bullshit monitor and I know HE'S good politics.

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home