Thursday, November 27, 2008

Things for Which I Am Thankful

Rick Brookhiser's entry on The Corner this morning inspired me to compile this (probably not inclusive) list of things for which I am grateful.

1. I am grateful for my life and my health
2. I am grateful for the blessings I enjoy as a citizen of the United States
3. I am grateful for those who toil every day to protect those blessings, be they in our armed forces, our intelligence community, police, fire, rescue, or civil service.
4. I am grateful for the health and lucidity of my mother and father, from whom all that I am or will be emanates.
5. I am grateful for the love and friendship of four brothers and a sister.
6. I am grateful that beautiful sweet Catherine invited me into her life, and that Hope and Hannah are learning to happily accept that fact.
7. I am grateful for 21 years of service to our country, and I am grateful that such service is over...for now.
8. I am grateful to a couple of inspiring men who saw in me some potential and asked me to join their team in private industry, and I am grateful for the opportunity to be compensated commensurate with my contribution and talent.
9. I am grateful for the time and energy to write this blog, and even more grateful that there are intelligent, insightful people who read it and comment about it.
10. I am grateful for a handful of close friends whose esteem and affection mean the world to me.
11. I am grateful for a political process that resulted in the election of a fine man as our next president, and I am grateful for a Constitution that will protect and encourage my opposition to him where appropriate.
12. I am grateful for the service of George Bush, a man who has worked tirelessly to protect this country from another major terrorist attack.
13. I am grateful to a loving God for having given me so much, and I am grateful to that God for being so patient with me.

There is oh so much to be thankful for, but for now, I'll just ask you...what are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, said my good man.

Dan said...

My wife and kids --they are the consummate military family.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for time.

Newer Post Older Post Home