Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

While weeding out my email inbox this morning, I stumbled across a note from none other than Michelle Obama. Subject line: Gray Hairs. Read and enjoy along with me:

'Every day, I see Barack make choices that he knows will affect every single American family. That's no small task for anyone - and proof that he's earning every one of those gray hairs.

This has been a busy week in Washington, but today happens to be Barack's 50th birthday. I'm writing to you because this year, the girls and I would like to do something different. I'm asking friends and supporters of this campaign to wish him a happy birthday by signing his card, and sharing why you're on this journey with us.

Your names and notes will become part of a book that tells the story of this campaign-who's building it, why we're in this thing, and what he means to us. We'll send a copy to Barack and send one to our campaign offices across the country.

Sign the card for Barack: http://mybarackobama.com/Birthday-Card

It still amazes me that no matter how many decisions and distractions he's faced with every day, he's always able to focus on the bigger picture. One way he does that is by making time for stories and letters from people like you--because he knows this job isn't about him, but the millions of folks around the country he's fighting for. '

A golden opportunity to tell him just what he means to us. Go ahead, Hammer.

2 comments:

"The Hammer" said...

I'm overwhelmed with emotion.

BigFred said...

Hammer, I give you +1 Internets for your choice of avatar today.

Newer Post Older Post Home