Friday, August 19, 2011

Let's Talk a Little Racism :)

Eric Holder said America is "essentially a nation of cowards" when it comes to issues of race. I could not agree more! For most people it's a minefield and, well, best not go there. I am not one of those people. I am immune to charges of racism because I freely admit I am a racist...according to Mr. Holder's understanding of the term. I couldn't help but be a racist because I am not a leftist, and by the way so are most of you.

The left is forever defining and redefining racism. We've seen it with many of President Obama supporters, you're either with him or you're obviously a racist. But what has Mr. Obama's policies done to the black community? This week Maxine Waters was railing about black unemployment, which she clearly blames on Obama. Is that racism? If it is by whom, Obama or the black community or Maxine Waters? Illiteracy is 49% in Detroit , a mostly black city run by black mayors for nearly forty years. Is that racism? By just about any measure blacks are little better off today than they were under the Jim Crow laws of the Old South (look it up). Which system is more racist, Lester Maddox's Georgia or Barack Obama's Welfare State?

The point is there is racism, but it comes in many guises. The left shouldn't be allowed to decide what is or isn't racism. Rick Perry is not Bull Connor, Bill Clinton was not the first black President, and I am not a racist because I oppose Mr. Obama and his leftist policies.

2 comments:

BigFred said...

Well said, Cracker.

(Just kidding)

"The Hammer" said...

I prefer "White Boy".

Newer Post Older Post Home