Sunday, December 30, 2012

2013 Resolutions

I invite my fellow bloggers to post their own.  First, here are the ones I made last year, and a brief measure of performance.

1.  Eat better.  Low carb, all year. NO
2.  Exercise more.  Even a little bit is better than nothing.  NO
3.  Curse less.  I'm an educated, reasonably articulate man, but I can curse like a Sailor.  It's time to put that away.  NO
4.  Be a "nicer" guy.  I don't think the first thing that comes to people's minds when they think of me is that I'm a "nice guy".  I guess I'm okay with that, as I don't really strive to be seen that way.  In 2012, I think I'd like to be seen as a "nicer guy", at least nicer than 2011.  NO
5.  Be more patient. In all things.  With all people.  YES
6.  Be there more for my family.  In all ways.  NO
7.  Smile more.  NO
8.  Strive to develop a more nuanced sense of humor; value lightness more, sarcasm less.  NO
9.  Work around the house more, in the house less.  NO
10.  Read more books, fewer URL's.  YES

So now, here are my 2013 Resolutions...some will look very familiar

1.  Eat better.  Low carb all year
2.  Take my vitamins and supplements, daily
3.  Exercise more.  Even a little bit is better than nothing.
4.  Curse less.
5.  Be nicer, smile more
6.  Do more professional writing
7.  Be there for my family more---especially for The Kitten
8.  Stop expecting things to happen around the house--do them, take ownership
9.  Breathe.  Count to five.
10.  Be more charitable.

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home