Thursday, July 30, 2009

You're Looking at My Gut Aren't You? I'm Working On It!

Marc Ambinder on Megan McArdle weighing in on the Obesity Movement. Now there's an oxymoron. Ok, I'm sorry. I've been known to rail now and again about the "epidemic," though I don't think I've demonized larger folks. I definitely don't like this portents of greater government overreach. I will offer this observation. I suspect that in crowded places (DC in the summertime), it takes me just a little bit longer to get where I'm going because walking around these days is like being a frigate in the Strait of Malacca with nothing but Super Tankers all around.

1 comment:

Slim Sunny said...

"it takes me just a little bit longer to get where I'm going because walking around these days is like being a frigate in the Strait of Malacca with nothing but Super Tankers all around."

Dude - you gotta quit cruisin' for chicks at weight watchers.

Newer Post Older Post Home