Saturday, September 26, 2009

George Will Hearts Marco Rubio

Interesting piece by Mr. Will here regarding Florida's Senate race next year, and the foolhardy judgment of Senate Republicans to endorse Charlie 'I support the stimulus' Crist. I confess to being one of those in Crist's camp early because I thought his popularity would ensure the GOP held on to that seat.


But once I started doing some research (and I believe CW had a post in the spring touting the guy as a start to that research), there's little not to like about Rubio. And let's face it, he's a looker. But beyond that and his conservative virtues, I think both his youth and his roots make him an incredibly compelling candidate at a time when our party consists of a lot of old white guys. (Not, of course, that there's anything wrong with old white guys). This will be an interesting race to watch.

1 comment:

Tom de Plume said...

Your right about him being a looker. He reminds me of a young me

Newer Post Older Post Home