Sunday, March 13, 2011

Signs of the Apocalypse Department

Wisconsin legislators who skipped town rather than do their jobs, welcomed by thousands back to Madison, WI.

I remain transfixed by the moxie of those on the left who believe that Governor Walker's initiatives were anti-Democratic.  He and a Republican majority were swept into office last fall to do EXACTLY what they've done.  The cowardice of the "Fleeing Fourteen" was a naked attempt to derail the will of the people as expressed in THE ACCEPTED, LEGITIMATE manner--elections, not polls. 

  This statement--from one of the cowards--galled me:  "So people think this is a picnic for us - they're wrong," he said. "We did it for the right reasons. We stood up for our working men and women in the state." Since when did "working men and women" come to be synonymous with union workers?  Or blue collar workers.  My weekly time sheet and the glares I get around the house lead me to believe I work PLENTY. 

Also, I love the farmers joining in.  Farm subsidies should be next....

3 comments:

Doc Milnamo said...

P.J. O'Rourke on farm policy from his book "Paliament of Whores":

"The government began formulating agricultural policy in 1794, when the residents of western Pennsylvania started the Whiskey Rebellion in response to an excise tax on corn liquor. The agricultural policy formulated in 1794 was to shoot farmers. In this case, the federal government may have had it right the first time."

Doc Milnamo said...

Umm, that would be Parliament.

"The Hammer" said...

If P.J. said it, I'm for it.

Newer Post Older Post Home