Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lookie Who Mudge Ran Into

One of the great things about working in DC (or its environs) is the random interactions one has with the famous and nearly famous.

Yesterday, I approached the little kiosk in the parking garage into which I provide money for the right to park. Standing there was this fetching little number in a pretty super hero outfit. She was simultaneously manipulating her superpower wrist bands and searching for the right pick up line to use on me...and I thought to myself, "hey honey, why not concentrate on one thing at a time." As I got closer, I saw that it was in fact, Megan Fox as Wonder Woman, one-time personal auto mechanic to Bumblebee of Transformers fame. As I approached, I said, "YOU used to work on my favorite Transformer car!" She looked up with a huge smile and said, "Ahh, that was just a car...sort of...but you, Mudge, YOU are a REAL man." After a bit of small talk (during which I feigned forgetting her name--stud), I took my leave and she begged me not to go!

"Get over it, Sweetheart" I told her. And with that, I walked out of the garage and back into the real world. C'mon CW, anyone can make this stuff up.

2 comments:

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Yes, anyone can. The first requirement for making it up though, appears to be a relatively empty life.

BigFred said...

A brilliant retort.

Newer Post Older Post Home