Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Plans

The Kittens left me alone again this weekend, as the elder of the Kittens experienced her first go at skiing via a local rite of passage eighth grade ski trip. Neither the Kitten nor the Kittens faces cold weather all that well, but this was one of those things and a parent had to be in attendance.  I have offered to accompany #2 on her trip in two years--which was warmly received by her mother but less so by her.  Apparently, I am not "the fun" one.  Can you believe that?

They are currently making their way home from wherever it was that they were with the intention of arriving in time for the Super Bowl.  This is the only football game each year that all members of my family watch.  We have been in the habit of going back and forth between the game and The Puppy Bowl over the years, but I wonder if the girls are now old enough to want to see more of the commercials that we ordinarily skip. 

Each year, I prepare some kind of modest Super Bowl feast/spread, usually consisting of things I like most and generally resulting in much wastage.  So this year, I'm going even more modestly:

Bison Tacos
Cheesy Nachos
Steamed Shrimp
Sourdough Pretzels
Potato Chips


I posted on Facebook that I hoped the game would be well in the bag by 9PM, as I wouldn't want to miss any real action when I switch to Downton Abbey. 

Enjoy the game, folks.

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home