Saturday, August 16, 2008

Intelligent Design

No, I'm not here to talk about some Creationist vision of how to combat Darwinism; I'm here to talk about the ridiculously designed little personal coffee pots that adorn so much of what passes for hotel accommodations these days. You know the ones--top opens toward the back, industrial strength cord, never enough coffee supplied...

But what really gets me is how difficult it is to pour water (or coffee for that matter) without spilling. It is almost as if manufacturers have provided America with "dribble" pots in order to entertain themselves at sales meetings.

Am I the only one who notices this?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember Conservative Cavalier, the hotel maids use the same washcloth to wipe out the coffee pot as they use on the toilet.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Lovely.

Doc Milnamo said...

You need a hobby bro.

SamShapiro said...

Doc, I'd say he just needs to walk down to the lobby and pour his coffee from the pot they have there.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Doc...this IS my hobby.

Sam...no other choice, staying in a military DVQ....

But am I right about those contraptions, or what?

Anonymous said...

CW - Put your mind at rest for you are NOT alone in your suffering.
Just this morning I was asking myself the exact same question. And every morning that I pour my own coffee I ask that same question. I am glad I am not alone. It is clear that someone could make some money desiging a coffee pot that enables a moderately steady hand connected to an arm of a person with moderately acceptable visual acuity to pour 100.00 per cent of the coffee he or she pours into the intended receptacle. I am somewhat suspicious that coffee pots today are designed by unscrupulous engineers employed by paper towel manufacturers. That is the only reason such a simple contraption should have such inability to fulfill its sole mission. There is one up side to all this though. Since I routinely gripe aloud when I see the puddle of coffee surrounding my coffee mug each time I pour it, my wife has volunteered to do the pouring for me. If only that approach worked when emptying the garbage or opening beer bottles.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Thanks for coming to my aid, Anon. I knew I wasn't the only one.

Dan said...

I should have told the billeting folks to place the clear glass coffee mugs in your room....

Doc Milnamo said...

Dan - you should have told the billeting folks to have placed a drool cup in CW's room!

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Dan--you are no gentleman.

Newer Post Older Post Home