Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Use of the Washington Post

Had lunch today with a good friend from high school, who also happens to be a frequent visitor to this site. During the course of our conversation, he pointed to my heavy use of the Washington Post, questioning whether I have any other sources of information. Good question.

Here's the deal. I spend a lot of time each day online, hitting about a dozen websites religiously. This blog though, does take some time. In order to mitigate the damage to my domestic life, I promised my dear sweet kitten that I would not increase my online time. To that end, I've got to be incredibly efficient. So, in order to make sure I'm dealing with timely and relevant issues, I read the Washington Post first thing, and pick out those stories worthy of comment. Usually I pick twice as many as I write about, but having the night's news right there in front of you to choose from really makes things efficient. I also take a look at National Review Online, generally finding one or two good things not found in the Post.

I promise that if someday, this blog becomes a full-time job, I will rely on many more sources of info than I do now. But while time is of the essence, I'll lean on my favorite newspaper.

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home