Wednesday, December 13, 2017

A Christmas Carol

As I write this, I am abed at the Army and Navy Club on Farragut Square in Washington, enjoying a bit of the morning before heading off the Mines of Moria. I am here as a result of one of my (usually) annual Christmas traditions of attending "A Christmas Carol" at Ford's Theater. You all know the story--but there is something about it being staged professionally in a cozy theater that heightens the experience. As usual, the production was superb, and I left the theater elevated and full of the Christmas Spirit.

Scrooge and Marley

Before the show, I tried a place new to me, Central Michel Richard, quite nearby the theater. I had the French Onion Soup (very good), the sauteed calamari (exceptionally good) and the Michel's Fried Chicken (to die for). I cannot recommend this place more highly the next time you are in DC. 

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home