Thursday, October 15, 2009

Amerika Inc: A Hostile Take Over

I wrote my congressman and senators again today on health care with a clear message that they will lose my vote (and spur my vigorous campaigning for their defeat) if they vote for "any way, shape or form of a public option" in reforming health care.

I listened to Der Sprecher Pelosi again threaten the citizens of the United States of America who invested their energies, intellects and personal earnings into the 100% legal businesses of providing insurance to their fellow citizens and could not NOT write. After having spent my entire adult life having promised that "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will continue to bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution and the Country whose course it directs", it is the very least I can do now that I have satisfied my legal obligation to that oath.

I have no personal financial stake in the insurance industry, other than the obligations I incurred upon freely and knowingly entering into a contractual agreement with my insurance provider because I read what I was asked to sign. I have no family in the insurance industry although I do have a friend in the personal property insurance business (so far not under attack from their elected officials). My core objection to this legislature's and administration's behavior is simply a matter of Constitutional principle. I cannot believe that without purchasing a passport and a plane ticket that I now live in a nation where the government can freely impose debilitating policies and penalties on the pursuits of happiness of its citizens and then swoop in WITH THOSE SAME CITIZENS' TAX DOLLARS to take over their businesses.

In over half a century of living in this once great nation, I have never seen anything so akin to the very governmental behaviors that I spent my adult life having sworn to prevent. And I am at a loss to understand how my fellow Americans can sit idly by, or worse, actually encourage this kind of behavior in their elected officials.

To those countrymen and women who encourage such behavior: Have you any idea of the destination to which this poorly maintained road leads? Look at the graffiti on the rusty, decrepit road signs as they zip by with increasing speed: "the Bolsheviks were here", "Castro was here", "Tito was here", "Chavez IS here". Just because there was a brightly-lit recently repainted sign with "Government will Provide for You--Turn hard left at next intersection" doesn't mean it is true. Why in God's name would we, even the most liberal of us, as individual elements of the global symbol of free people unleashed to create and innovate, ever want to live under the thumb of other men? Who is so great a human being as to warrant his or her authority over our very freedom? The answer of course is, only a human ascendant to "savior" status.

And we apparently believe we have found such a savior.

Forgive us Father, for we know not what we do.

2 comments:

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Wonderfully done, my friend.

Smoothfur said...

Alas dear Mudge, the greater sin against god, man, country and its constitution is that they do know what they are doing. And for that there is no forgiveness.

Newer Post Older Post Home