Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Conservative Alternative to AARP

I first heard an ad for The Association of Mature American Citizens (AMAC) on the radio a few weeks ago, and only today have I taken the time to dive in to their website.  I LOVE the name of this organization---which appears to be a right of center alternative to AARP.  "Mature" as in chronologically, and "mature" as in, "realizing that you can't always get what you want".  The story of our continuing national bankruptcy is one of transfer of wealth from the young and productive, aided and abetted by our declining birthrate and the enlarging retiree base.  We simply cannot continue to do business as we do today (read:  Medicare and Social Security reform) and expect future generations to participate in the prosperity we enjoy and which our parents enjoyed.

I now have a reason to look forward to June 27, 2015 (my 50th birthday)--I can join AMAC.

2 comments:

Mudge said...

AARP is a tapeworm in our society's gut. I hope this new organization eats their lunch.

"The Hammer" said...

It's the Chicago way, buy 'em or bully 'em. AARP was bought.

Newer Post Older Post Home