Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Take Nothing for Granted!

I live in a precinct in Virginia that went for Obama by 10 points (he won the state by 6 points). It also went for Creigh Deeds by 3 points in the 2009 governor’s race as McDonnell was winning the state by a margin of 59-41. So given its Democratic makeup, on top of the limited aspect of the Republican slate of candidates, I didn’t figure there’d be much interest in today’s primary and figured I’d be in and out of the polling place in minutes. Imagine my surprise that at 6:45 A.M. when I encountered a line of a dozen people out the door. Not wanting the hassle, figured I’d return later.

At 2 p.m., there were only five cars in the parking area...two of them with Obama stickers on their bumpers.

Not sure what's happening here, and whatever it is I doubt it will make that significant a difference in a state where Romney is polling 69-26 over Paul. But as a lot of folks are likely saying 'what's the point,' our vote still matters. Get out there, people.

Jim Geraghty at National Review had a similar experience.

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home