Friday, April 17, 2009

The Death of a Great Blog

Goldwater's Ghost has left the blogging business, and we are all the worse for it. His Blog--Postcards from the Backbench--was one of the most insightful and witty views on the issues of the day available on the web.

Running a blog like this takes a bit of time, and time is always at a premium in a busy life. GG lives a full and rich life, and the blog was growing to take an ever expanding bit of it. I know the feeling.

Farewell, Postcards. I only hope that GG's turning away from his own blog does not push him away from this one, as his views and humor are as much a part of this blog as my wordiness and pomposity.

Incidentally--GG got his start after guest hosting here. He retains "the secret codes" for posting. I haven't discussed this with him or any of you yet, but it's my blog so I do what I want, right? Goldwater's Ghost--you are now welcome to blog here on this site whenever the spirit moves you and on whatever subjects you desire.

6 comments:

Goldwater's Ghost said...

Thank you for your kind words; although the part about the full and rich life is stretching it a bit.

Your offer is most intriguing, and one I will definitely take under consideration.

GG

porill said...

Clicking on the Postcards site is like traveling through an abandoned subway station. Kinda wierd. It was onec the hub of activity, now it's a cyber ghost town.

Mudge said...

In my part of the country, we have a lot of 80-150 year old small town country stores closing up. I always feel nostalgic going by the places where we used to go get a cup of coffee or a cold soda and leisurely chat with locals on one of the benches and seeing them closed for good, empty of anything but memories. Now even my cyber surrogate bench has been boarded up. Thanks, CW, for offering up your corner for one of my favorite bloggers to come sit and chat with the rest of us...just like the good old days.

Shameless Goldwater's Ghost's Shill said...

Gold-WATER, Gold-WATER, Gold-WATER, Gold-WATER, Gold-WATER...

Doc Milnamo said...

Au-H2O, Au-H2O, Au-H2O, Au-H2O!!!!!

Smoothfur said...

With apologies to the late senator,

Conservatism in defense of liberty is no vice.

Newer Post Older Post Home