Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Obama Moves To Open Cuba

He's been hinting he'd go in this direction since taking office, and yesterday President Obama announced significant changes in our policies toward Cuba. I fully support this overture, and I believe it is only the first necessary step to take in toppling Cuba's Marxist regime. Next will come the massive amphibious invasion by American tourists, and the concomitant addiction to their dollars by the Cuban people.

This really is good news, and it is a foreign policy initiative behind which conservatives should fall. It is the beginning of the end of the Castro brothers.

4 comments:

Doc Milnamo said...

I do agree with the prez on this one too. What have the policies of the last almost 50 years with respect to "Cube-r" (Hi Mom!)done?

I do believe our Cuban policy was a correct policy in dealing with Castro and his ilk, but even siege warfare didn't last this long. Time to try something new.

Anonymous said...

Doc Milnamo:
Caught ya Jim!

Mom

Doc Milnamo said...

Oh oh, I've been made!

Mudge said...

Not that he needs validation, but I wonder what kind of message this sends to my favorite Venezuelan dictator. Does it embolden an already emboldened Chavez that his approach to the obviously wounded capitalists to his north is indeed the correct approach and that the only mistake his mentor in Cuba made is that he wasn't aggressive enough? I don't think Chavez is going to be willing to get into a 50 year waiting game with the US the way Castro did.

Newer Post Older Post Home