Sunday, February 14, 2010

Skunk Baxter, Renaissance Man

I attended great event last night, the annual "Wallow" of the Military Order of the Carabao. You can read about the Order and its big annual party, but what I want to talk about is the fellow who did a brief instrumental performance to cap off the night--Skunk Baxter. Doc Milnamo is I'm sure, quite knowledgeable of Baxter's great musical career as a guitarist in "Steely Dan" and "The Doobie Brothers". But how many of you knew of Baxter's current endeavors--as a consultant to the Department of Defense?

Read this little Wikipedia piece on Baxter, and tell me if it isn't simply way cool. The guy took looking at common problems from an uncommon viewpoint to a new level. He sure did look out of place at the event last night--but people talked about him like he was a Rock Star--and not because he is a Rock Star. Hat's off to Skunk Baxter.

4 comments:

Doc Milnamo said...

Some people just continue to amaze!

"The Hammer" said...

Interesting story but how in the heck did Skunk Baxter get a security clearance? Back in my day sonny, you couldn't live the lifestyle of a rock star and get a TS clearance. Oh you could have "experimented" with pot but a habitual smoker was a big disqualification. Skunk looks like the kind of guy who likes to get high. I'm just saying.

"The Hammer" said...

Oh yeah, loved his work on "Can't Buy a Thrill".

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Newer Post Older Post Home