Thursday, August 14, 2008

Delicious but Destructive: Solar Energy vs. Environmentalists

Great piece here on the battle between solar enthusiasts and environmentalists. Although I do sit back and smirk a bit at the irony here, solar energy is a viable and important part of a comprehensive energy strategy. Governor Schwarzenegger's comments at the end of the article (made at Yale, no less) are fantastic.

One thing at work here is the commoditization of solar; that is, when solar was all about VW bug driving hippies throwing some panels on their roofs to create their own little power station....solar was cool with the left. As the market begins to recognize the benefits of solar, the fact that business will be involved and that people will make money seems to turn off elements of the left. So what.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although a very quick read, I really didn't derive much from your article. Looks like a case of premature blogposting.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Nope; two paragraphs is about all I felt I wanted to devote.

Anonymous said...

I retract my flippant comment. When I first opened the blog this morning, all that appeared was the title. After commenting and seeing your response, I refreshed the screen and the two paragraphs, characteristically well-written I might add, appeared.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Much obliged; you are correct though, I did momentarily post only the header.

Newer Post Older Post Home