Monday, August 4, 2008

UVA Football...Thoughts on 2008

I am freakishly addicted to UVA Football. I've been a season-ticket holder for some time now (aside my two favorite Dems/best friends) and I spend an inordinate amount of time during the season lurking on the premier UVA Football Sports site "The Sabre.Com".

A few things about my addiction.

1. I can't stand UVA's Coach, Al Groh. He ushered out jackets and ties, and he talks like Bill Parcels. I don't think you get to talk like Bill Parcels until you've WON like Bill Parcels.

2. UVA Football's off-field foibles in the past two years are directly related to the quest to field an ACC champion squad. We have lowered our standards and we are paying the price.

3. I can't stand the fact that Virginia Tech cleans our clock at in-state recruiting. Looks better at this point for 2009, but still not great.

4. No lead is safe with UVA.

5. The team will go no better than 6-6 this year.

Be on the lookout for weekly mentions of my beloved Wahoos.

3 comments:

SamShapiro said...

4-8

USC - loss
Richmond - win
CT - loss (game they should win but don't)
Duke - win
MD - loss
East Caronlina - win (barely)
UNC - win
Tech - loss (could be the win they should lose)
Miami - loss (paybacks are a bitch)
Wake - loss
Clemson - loss
VT - loss

Playing Clemson at home after they have a few losses may help as they will be tanking. VT away is tough, plus they could be undefeated at that time, if they get by BC. Miami at home helps but I think if Miami has bowl hopes by then, revenge could be a factor. CT could be the trap game, early in the season. If they lose to CT, stick a fork in them after the 3rd game. I don't see more than 5 wins. UVA is still my #3, behind OU and Temple of course...Go Hoos!

The Conservative Wahoo said...

I had us beating UCONN and Wake.

Thairish said...

ZZZZZZZ. How about we talk about a real football powerhouse? Go Dores! (I'll readily admit though that "Dores" doesn't have the same cache as "Hoos.")

Newer Post Older Post Home