Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Red (Meat) Scare!

Terrible news of my impending demise here. I am generally prone to ignoring studies such as this one, as it seems that food studies take on a ping-pong like quality after a while (a glass of wine a day is good, a glass of wine a day is bad). That said, the SIZE and duration of this study has me taking notice.

I am a fan of red meat. Steak of any cut. Lamb chops. Pork chops, ribs, sausage. The Atkins Diet was MADE for me! But it seems that my chosen style of eating will counteract the more monk-like aspects of my life (non-smoker, non-drinker) and drive me to an early grave.

The good news is I love chicken, turkey and fish. Plus, living on the Eastern Shore gives me access to heavenly crab concoctions all summer long (as long as the crabs last!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes..and I saw that the beer burn experienced when some consume alcohol make indicate a predisposition to throat cancer. Disappointing news on the health front this week.

Mudge said...

Just call me "dead man walking"

Newer Post Older Post Home