Friday, August 21, 2009

Big Fat Friday Free For All

All Time High (April 1 2009): 192.2
Diet start (June 1): 189
Last Friday: 173.8
Today: 173.2
Goal: Sub 160


Was looking at a photo last night in which I was last at my goal weight. It was a few years ago, at the height of the Adkins fad, and I discovered that eating nothing but protein (well, little more than protein) was right up my alley. I was ultimately unable to sustain that weight, as I did not make the behavioral changes necessary to do so.

Thing was, that was another 15 pounds down from right now. I looked pretty damn thin at 158---but 158 was twenty pounds heavier than I was when I graduated high school! I don't remember thinking I was particularly willowy at 18, but man, the body does change over time.

Well--enough of that. What's on your mind? What's happening in your neck of the woods worth sharing with the world? Do anything fun this summer? Busy getting the kids ready for school?

Pipe up!

I leave early tomorrow morning for my trip to the Outer Banks...I didn't make it out there last summer, and there's been a hole in my soul as a result. Charlottesville, VA and Duck/Corolla, NC are the two places where I feel almost completely at ease with the world. I'll have the computer along with me, so there should be no precipitous drop in production here on the CW. I'll probably do an "on-location" video too.

One final note: In the comment section of the post on the Lockerbie Terrorist release, I asked Greg Dail to retract a statement he made about the President or source it. I hope he does one or the other, as Greg is a welcome, regular reader and commenter here, one with strong and strongly voiced views. But please, everyone, let's continue to try and make sure that this site doesn't degenerate into something other than what it is--a place for civil discussion of politics, world events and social trends with a conservative flair.

And please, if you have an objection to what I've said, voice it here in the BFFFFA.

8 comments:

LOL said...

Isn't 158 lbs on a man of your height still considered obese on the body mass index charts?

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Why thank you for your question, LoL. No, for a man of my height, a weight of 158 lbs is equal to a BMI of 24.7.

18.5-24.9 = Normal Weight
25 - 29.9 = Overweight
Over 30 = Obese


However, at my rotundest 192 plus, I had a BMI of 30.1, which classifies as obese.

LOL said...

Oh. You must be taller in real life.

Anonymous said...

How bout Tom Ridge's comment about being forced to raise the threat level?

Anonymous said...

American apologies. Why are many conservatives so against it?

Mudge said...

Some recent discussion that the Obama Administration may try to push for a purely partisan vote on health, I mean insurance, no, I guess I again mean health reform. Article here http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a9fjicD6YGqk that discusses some of the possible strategies, including reconciliation, that might backfire on the Administration if used. My prediction, such a move, whether it passes or fails, could prove fatal to many of the dems up for reelection in Congress next election who actually vote for it. Clinton made a very similar mistake in overestimating his popularity and the public's desire for Hillary Care. That cost Congress pretty dearly as well. While I very much want to see a repeat of the outcome, I do not want to do so at the cost of getting any semblance of a first step toward single payer that we all know is in the making.

Mudge said...

Anon - I want to apologize to all the other readers here for the way in which you ask questions anonymously.

That is pretty much why.

Just as I doubt you feel it is necessary for you to apologize for remaining anonymous (I'm quite okay with that by the way--just using it for illustration) or that it is appropriate for me to apologize on your behalf...especially without first consulting with you, it is nevertheless what our president has done from the view of most conservatives who feel if ANY apology is warranted, it is from the Arab community who either tacitly accepted, enthusiastically encouraged or substantially enabled the repeated attacks on US property and citizens over the past few decades. I suspect we are in for a lengthy debate here. I'm up for it, but I have guests this weekend so I may not get around to responding right away.

Heywood Jablome said...

Anonymouse

What do we need to apologize for?

Newer Post Older Post Home