Monday, January 12, 2015

The Eleventh Commandment

From Wikipedia:

The Eleventh Commandment was a phrase used by later President of the United States Ronald Reagan during his 1966 campaign for Governor of California. The Commandment reads:

Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

Up until we have a GOP nominee for 2016, I would like you, the intelligent readers of this blog, to hold me to this commandment, here on the blog.  This does not preclude me from pointing out genuine policy issues or issues of hypocrisy, but it does preclude me from attacks made ad hominem.

In order to police myself, should I slip up and break this commandment, I will make a $100 donation to the charity/cause of choice of the first person to call me on it in the comment section.

Private comments made in confidence do not count.

Of course, I will be the final arbiter.  But I should think by now that you can consider me trustworthy.

3 comments:

"The Hammer" said...

Does Boehner count?

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Indeed, our esteemed Speaker counts.

JB said...

I've been saying that for a while, particularly as it pertains to the process of thinning the Republican field for 2016 via the primaries.

Newer Post Older Post Home