Wednesday, February 18, 2009

$75B For Foreclosure Prevention

So there you have it. The government of the United States of America is going to subsidize mortgages of people who are able to pay them, simply because the value of their home has dropped. Do you feel the drip of the heroin, slowly seeping into your veins? Another middle class entitlement, except this one only gets paid to some middle class people, not all. Supporters say it incentivized people not to walk away from their mortgages. Let them walk, I say. And let our society once again begin to embrace the concept of shame, something that has of late fallen disfavor. I hold out little hope.

3 comments:

Doc Milnamo said...

Acts like this put off the inevitable; which will make it more costly in the long run.

Anonymous said...

I am completely confused by this. Why is being underwater on your house a CRISIS? Not ideal, but hardly a crisis.

When does he announce the gazillion dollar program to save those in foreclosure?

One more question: when is our President going to quit campaigning?

Mudge said...

Sally, I was underwater on my truck loan the minute I drove it off the lot. Where is my help? Insane.

Newer Post Older Post Home