Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pinch Me To See If I'm Dreaming...I Liked a Maureen Dowd Column....

Here it is. A couple of quotes, perhaps?

"It took Daschle’s resignation to shake the president out of his arrogant attitude that his charmed circle doesn’t have to abide by the lofty standards he lectured the rest of us about for two years." Did she say arrogant? Really? Our President?

"Mr. Obama should have taken a red pencil to the $819 billion stimulus bill and slashed all the provisions that looked like caricatures of Democratic drunken-sailor spending." Having spent a good portion of my life as a drunken-sailor, I resent this comparison. But I am shocked Dowd makes it.

One thing though....I won't listen to Maureen Dowd bitch about CEO perks and compensation until I know how much the New York Times pays her for the crap she writes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I were a national figure of any importance, the person I would be most terrified of is Maureen Dowd. She is lethal.
And though she loved to trash Bush and Clinton before him, she seems to save her most destructive work for other women-so this piece is surprising.

Newer Post Older Post Home