Sunday, February 1, 2009

Future Plans for the Conservative Wahoo

I've been working with my technology guru Chili to figure out how to explore and exploit other media options. We're looking at video streaming technology and even "Second Life" (I know, I know) as venues that could provide us with more "interactive" venues.

I'll probably post a new video early next week.

As for interactivity....a couple of things. First, I started this blog so that I could get my ideas out into the mix, or in some cases my views of other people's ideas. I provide the opportunity for readers to comment, and only trash people's comments when they violate site norms. I get a bit of feedback though from folks who get riled up because I don't fully engage them. Sometimes, people take a lot of time and energy and write in very important and very well-framed posts. I read them all, every single one of them. On rare occasions, I respond...usually because something has hit a nerve. But my default response is to let the person's words stand for themselves. I make my argument, you make yours, then others can comment and make theirs. I'm not all that interested in commenting on other people's comments. It may be my Adult ADD, but by the time folks have commented on what I've written, I've usually posted five or six other things and my addled mind has wandered off to other subjects.

This is why Chili and I want to figure out how to create more of an interactive forum. I'd like to give those who wish to get into a little rough and tumble with me the opportunity to do so...but on a very limited basis. What do I mean by limited? I mean the amount of time I have to devote to it. This blog takes up a great bit of my non-work/non-sleep time (in fact, it has reduced my sleep time), and it provides the Kitten with a recurring reason to question my commitment to home and hearth. If I strap on a few new media outlets, I'll find myself with no sleep and no Kitten.

So stay tuned. We're making plans and looking to serve everyone's needs.

6 comments:

Goldwater's Ghost said...

Wow, I hope Kitten and Mrs. Goldwater don't get to commiserating over blogs - I'm getting the same flak here and I'm not half as involved as you are.

Anonymous said...

would you consider limiting the diversity of discussion? Rather than attempting to juggle numerous balls? JPH

Anonymous said...

Why don't you and Goldwater's Ghost merge your sites? Call it "Postcards from the Ghost of the Conservative Wahoo" and combine the thoughts of two of the most relevent thinkers of today's conservative movement.

You can also make more use of guest hosts like Tom de Plume. That guy is edgy and as funny as a bus full of gay, Democrat, union lawyers driving off the edge of a cliff... with no empty seats!

Dan said...

You know, the lack of the of interactivity was one of the things deficient in your first video post. Couldn't grasp the intangibles associated with an in-person discussion with you -- the passion, intellectual spark, twinkle in your eye as you go in for the kill -- the personal dimension. Not that the video post wasn't good stuff. But, as one who has shared the stateroom with you and had a front row or been a party to many wide-ranging discussions, there is no substitute for what you bring to the table in a real-time back-and-forth.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Joe, Dan...we'll see where this goes. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get any more interactive on the blog, but I hope to find a good technology platform to move in that direction.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could visit us in a virtual reality world as an avatar.

Newer Post Older Post Home