Tuesday, February 24, 2009

LIVE BLOGGING THE PRESIDENT'S SPEECH....ON TWITTER!!!!

Ok gang, it's time to move into the 21st century. Tonight's live blog will be on Twitter.com, rather than here on the blog. We'll use Twitter for a couple of reasons, but the best is that it adds comments to the top rather than to the bottom, which means you don't have to refresh and then scroll down to see what people have written.

Yes, yes, I know it means signing up for Twitter....but if we're really going to move this site forward, we've got to do it with a multi-media approach (so says Chili, my media adviser!)

Go to Twitter--sign up. Search for me....my name there is ConsWahoo. Click the function that allows you to "follow" me. I'll get a prompt that tells me you are "following" me. Then I will "follow" you. From there on, whenever I "Tweet", you'll get it, and whenever you "Tweet", I'll get it.

Chime in below with your views and complaints, but most importantly, chime in with your Twitter name and your enthusiasm for a great live-blog experience tonight!

UPDATE: IT IS CRITICAL THAT IF YOU WISH TO TWITTER TONIGHT, YOU WRITE IN HERE WITH YOUR TWITTER "HANDLE". THAT WAY, EVERYONE ELSE PLAYING HAS TO SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR FEED. IF YOU DON'T, AND YOU ONLY SUBSCRIBE TO ME (CONSWAHOO), YOU'LL ONLY GET YOURSELF AND ME--NOT EVERYONE ELSE. PLEASE ANSWER THIS POST WITH YOUR HANDLE IF YOU INTEND TO PLAY TONIGHT.

8 comments:

Mudge said...

Okay, I complied with your requests to get Twitter, Facebook, Second Life accounts a few weeks ago. I did so despite my reservations about their use of collected data. I am now beginning to get the STD called SPAM in my once pristine email account for having compromised my longstanding practice of cyber abstinence. I can't believe I gave into peer pressure, but alas I am now paying the price.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

...couldn't possibly be your prurient web-browsing, now could it.

Mudge said...

Whatever do you mean?

Goldwater's Ghost said...

I'm sorry I'll be unable to join tonight, but I'll look into joining Twitter. This isn't like Facebook, is it?

Anonymous said...

I do believe that someone else told you to use twitter way back during the debates.

Bill said...

thsntht

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Bill--no thsntht showing up in twitter yet....

Anonymous said...

I'll try my best -- although I'll be at the mercy of the wee one. I suspect I'll be very lonely in the midst of this crowd and not very chatty. Hope it will add to your enjoyment to know there's one of those East Coast, ivory tower lefties among you to beat upon :) . http://twitter.com/GrendelQ/

Newer Post Older Post Home