Tuesday, December 9, 2008

9-11 Suspects Plead Guilty, Then Don't

It looks like Khalid Sheik Mohammed and some of the other deeply complicit terrorists pleaded guilty the other day, then recanted their plea when informed that (for some reason I can't understand) they might not be executed. My knowledge of the law is pretty low in general, but it is almost non-existent here.

Long-time readers know that I am not a death penalty supporter. I look at these killers--whose desire is to die--and I have wish in no way to enable their desires. But if it saves this country the mockery of a civil trial in which KSM and his cronies are afforded the full protection of American civil rights, if it saves this country the embarrassment of good men being smeared because they waterboarded or roughed up people with DEEP insight into the heart of the enemy--well then I can put down my objection to the death penalty for just this once.

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home