Wednesday, December 17, 2008

PEBO and Blago

Ok Sally, here's a little red meat. I think that there is more than meets the eye to the Blago issue, but less than some hope. First of all, this isn't going to bring down PEBO and it isn't really even going to nick him. What I DO think will happen though is if the (Chicago Trib) reported 21 taped conversations between Rahm Emanuel and Blago/members of his team are released--Emanuel will be exposed as at least as foul-mouthed and Chicagoland thuggish as Blago and his wife. This is probably why Rahm's been so quiet...I'm sure he knows he's been taped and he's waiting for the shoe to fall. It would be nice if the conversations included Rahm telling Blago he was a crook and that he should stick it where the sun don't shine...but that's probably too much to hope.

2 comments:

Beyond Bibb's Store said...

CW,
I suspect Rahm will have the "honor" of taking one for the team. Even now PEBO is probably knotting the rope with which Emanuel will be tied to the sacrificial stake and practicing his "Rahm, you must think first of your country..." talk.

Anonymous said...

I think PEBO is clean on this, but what is remarkable is the oft-repeated MSM storyline that Obama and Chicago politics really have nothing to do with one another. With corruption to the left of him, to the right of him, and staring him in the face, he's somehow magically managed to steer clear of anything smelly.

All of the sidebars to this story are even more interesting than the original story. I still think it's possible that Rahm may have been the one to call Fitzgerald and blow the whistle on Blago. Does anyone else? Because I'm petty, I hope that's not the case, but I think it's possible.

Newer Post Older Post Home