Tuesday, September 23, 2008

On California

I am once again on a business trip to California, the South Bay Area to be exact. This is where my boss and my boss's boss are headquartered, and I am their manservant in DC. I very much like the arrangement, as you might imagine.

I realize that taxes are high here, and that it is after all, California. And I further recognize that I am staying the night in a hotel not far from an area of great tectonic instability. That said, this part of the country is ridiculously beautiful. Mountains in full view to the east, the ocean to the west, sunny skies virtually all the time, and an amazing climate.

Were I forced to, I could live very happily here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and you could cozy up with Mesdames Feinstein and Pelosi while you're at it. It is, without question, beautiful out there, but I'm starting to wonder why you've chosen to frequent the same two towns (SF and DC) as those two pillars of leftist idealogy.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

When asked why he robbed trains, Jesse James said, "because that's where the money is".

Anonymous said...

Now stop right there anonymous! Are you trying to smear the reputation of CW with your "San Francisco" innuendo? I'm not sure I could take that after the breaking news this morning that Clay Aiken is gay.

Anonymous said...

Clay Aiken is gay? Say it ain't so!

Newer Post Older Post Home