Monday, November 16, 2009

Governor sued for balancing the budget. That bastard!

From my beloved hometown comes the news that Gov Tim Pawlenty is being sued by the Democrat-controlled state legislature for the cardinal sin of...balancing the state budget.

Last summer T-Paw enraged the legislature by vetoing one tax hike after another to balance the budget. They gambled that eventually he'd be forced to come to the negotiating table. They gambled wrong, and he decided instead to make some real cuts to the bloated state budget.

So they sued him. They insist they're not suing him, but unless you're deaf, blind and dumb, you can see what they're up to.

I'm thinking this has to help Pawlenty.

3 comments:

Mudge said...

Sally - I'm liking T-Paw more and more. Has he started building his war chest yet and before I send money, could you let me know if he periodically takes hikes on the Appalachian Trail in South America?

Sally said...

I doubt it Mudge, though one never knows. The Missus Pawlenty is a good looking former judge who resigned when hubby became Gov.

True story-Pawlenty made statewide news about a year and a half ago at a press conference just prior to the opening of fishing season (a big day in Minnesota.) A reporter commented that he was lucky to have a wife who liked fishing as much as he did. To which he responded 'yes, now if I could only convince her to have sex with me more.'

I thought it was funny.

Smoothfur said...

Perhaps the Governor needs a larger lure?

Newer Post Older Post Home