Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Great Autumn Day

I'll get back to Pelosi care tomorrow morning, but for now, I'll just think about the perfect Fall day we had today. Our farmer was out and took down 60 acres of soy beans--when the combine was headed in the other the direction, the girls climbed up on the truck to consider jumping into the carnival-like bean ocean.

We went for our first farm-stomp of the fall, back through the woods and along the stream. Lots of deer out and about, and the fields will be teeming with them over the next few days as they find the soybeans the farmer left behind.

Never fear Mudge, I obtained my Virginia out of state hunting license today, the waterfowl stamp should be in the mail, and I got my HIP number--so hunting trip #2 can proceed to the planning stage.

A good day indeed.

2 comments:

Mudge said...

I should have talked you into getting a VA lifetime license while you were on active duty and still eligible for resident. I got the camera up. Not sure if it's properly placed for good pics but it sure looked good. Will check next weekend when I get home. Didn't see any deer this afternoon, but it was very still and I wasn't trying to be very quiet so I suspect they heard me and relocated. LOTS of sign though. Didn't quite meet with success on the duck boat though. Turns out they really mean it when they say marinetex won't cure under 55 degrees, and their omission of "give or take a few degrees" must have been deliberate. 54 didn't cut it. Had breakfast with "Webby and Willie and the boys" (that would be a catchy song) at the tower. Saw 4 bald eagles hanging out on the sand bar. Obviously males. Even got on the roof today to sweep the chimney and broke neither the chimney nor any part of my skeletal frame. Off to DC. I wish I didn't love my job so much. It gets in the way of all these other things I love so much.

"The Hammer" said...

You own a farmer? COOL!

Newer Post Older Post Home