Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our First "Pacific President"? Give Me A Break

The One is in Asia, part of his record first year of international travel (Nero, Rome)--and in a speech he referred to himself as "America's first Pacific President". Putting aside for a moment the fact that he is wrong (see John J. Pitney, JR on NRO), what IS IT with this guy, having to make virtually everything about HIMSELF? Now, I know what some of you are saying..."CW, it's awfully ironic that YOU would say such a thing, as you've never shied away from a self-referral." True enough--but all I can say is if I AM GETTING SICK OF IT, more humble and well-adjusted people damn sure ought to be going out of their minds by now.

8 comments:

Smoothfur said...

Oh! Pacific President. I misheard. I thought he said America's first "NON-SPECIFIC" president and found myself in total agreement for the very first time. But then I was so shocked by his obsequious bow to the emperor that it was difficult to know what he was saying.

Tom de Plume said...

Michelle disregards all previous protocols that US leaders (and their spouses) used to observe with the British Royal Family, yet Obama bows to the Saudi King and the Japanese Emperor. I wonder if the Emperor got an Ipod with a correction of Obama's speeches.

Mudge said...

Pacifist President?

Goldwater's Ghost said...

I wonder if the AP will be sending their team of eleven fact checkers to refute this claims as they did with Palin's book...*crickets*...

Sally said...

What exactly IS a Pacific President?

Doc Milnamo said...

I believe the POTUS (or was it the TOTUS...hmmmm) was making reference to being born in Hawaii.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Doc--so what? As the article stated--Richard Nixon was born in California and the Western White House was ON the Pacific Ocean.

Doc Milnamo said...

What do you mean "...so what?" I answered the question as I understood it, nothing more nothing less.

Maybe Sally was looking for deeper meaning and I missed it? Could very well be.

Newer Post Older Post Home