Thursday, October 8, 2009

Philly’s 3 R’s (Reading, wRiting, and bReakfast)

From a city on the brink of fiscal insolvency comes word that its school district will hold its principals accountable for the number of students eating breakfast in their schools.

All students of the Philadelphia School District, all 165,000 of them, are eligible for free breakfast meals, regardless of income. “Breakfast participation” will be one of the criteria used to rate principals’ performance, along with student attendance, math and reading scores.

Welcome to the nanny state. How do you like your eggs?

4 comments:

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Somebody's cousin Vinnie has the catering contract....

Doc Milnamo said...

When I saw this earlier today, I couldn't believe what I was reading. Mmm mmm mmm.

Dan said...

"...the targets are on a graduated scale, taking into account established lower rates of breakfast participation at certain schools."

My gosh, why can't we do this with health care? You know, don't ask for my participation because I am healthy and already insured?

Anonymous said...

Principals are members of the Teamsters Union?

Newer Post Older Post Home