Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back on Station

Thank you to well-wishers here and on Facebook who wished me a speedy recovery.  Alas, I fear all illnesses were self-inflicted.

I spent six hours crawling and contorting myself through the crawlspace of our house yesterday laying Cat 5e cable for my home network.  Not only did I emerge filthy, bruised, cut, scraped and sore in every single muscle and joint, but I think ingesting a day's worth of dust just put the finishing touches on it.  I wound up sitting on the couch at 5PM yesterday feeling completely miserable and sick as a dog.  So I did what I always do when sick, I hopped in bed and stayed there until I felt better.  Which I do, except for the muscles and joints. 

I think of the spindly little fellow who used to wrestle, twisting and contorting himself in to inhuman shapes with little or no impact--and the great endomorph he has become.....shameful.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can't manage that bloat of your body, well, how can you weigh in on the bloat of something more complicated, gubmint.
Good to hear you're feeling better, though.

Doc Milnamo said...

Good thing you didn't disturb any sleeping rats or snakes while in the crawlspace!

Anonymous said...

ever hear of wireless?

Newer Post Older Post Home