Friday, September 30, 2011

Thursday With Mitt

I attended a fundraiser in Bethesda last night put on by the Romney Campaign. I would estimate the crowd at 250,and my, were they a good looking bunch. My hats are off to some of my older Republican brothers who seem--despite being older and relatively unattractive--quite capable of squiring about young and attractive wives. Who says there's no profit in ideological purity? Good energy in the room--Mitt is polished, friendly, and pretty much the real deal Boy Scout he comes off as. He's upbeat--which I consider critical--and he has even learned to be a little funny on the stump. He took three questions from the audience, one of which was mine--about coming defense cuts. He knocked it out of the park. I was supporting Romney because I thought he was most likely to beat President Obama. I now support him because I want him to win.

3 comments:

NavyAustin said...

Good to hear - his likeability worried me as an election factor. My Gov is certainly imploding - or at least not ready for prime time POTUS campaign. And the press is certainly happy to dogpile on Perry.

"The Hammer" said...

There is not one Republican candidate I could not support, especially considering the alternative. But for me Mr. Romney is the least among equals. I view him as the archetype establishment Republican, i.e. soft on social issues and government handouts and pro-business to the hilt. Knowing you CW, the idea that you wouldn't absolutely adore Romney is ludicrous.

That's the trouble with you military types, you're comfortable with government and bureaucracy. Your entire adult experience is as a government employee. You're all very pragmatic and logical and you're all very good problem solvers, but at the end of the day you've been institutionalized. You're G-men and you don't even realize it.

Mudge said...

I hope for change.

Newer Post Older Post Home