Saturday, December 17, 2011

44th President is our 4th Best President, Says 44th President

O appeared on 60 Minutes last week in an interview where he coughed up a number of howlers, one in particular the view that he always knew it was going to take more than one term to turn things around in this country. This runs contrary to what he revealed in February of 2009, when he claimed if he didn't have things turned around in three years this was going to be a one-term proposition.

The best part of the interview, however, remained on the CBS cutting room floor. In it, the President made the absurd claim that "I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president -- with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln -- just in terms of what we've gotten done in modern history."

Newsbusters addresses the breathtaking narcissism better than I can. The entire interview is here, if you can bear to watch it.


Anonymous said...

Sadly there are many in America who believe that he is as wonderful as he claims. When polls show that 56% of Americans disapprove of his job performance, my brain nearly explodes in dismay as I try to figure out what positive attributes the other 44% could possibly see in this P3 (Peter Principle President)

Anonymous said...

With apologies to Matthew 2: 1-12

"Then the editorial panels of the BAPF Media called Maureen Dowd, Chris Matthews, and Fred Hiatt secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. He sent them to Washington and said, “Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to us, so that we too may go and worship him. Ask no hard questions, and understand that statements of self-aggrandizement can only be expected from the chosen one.” After they had heard their kings, they went on their way. The star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them, campaigning relentlessly in a caravan of carbon-spewing buses, until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed and abandoned all notions of bias-free professional journalism."

4th best President, 2nd Coming. Given the time of the year, the parallels are obvious, aren't they?

Newer Post Older Post Home