Tuesday, February 9, 2010

And I Always Thought It Was a Medical Emergency After Just 4 Hours

Sports Illustrated's annual swimsuit issue, what became my generation's answer to our fathers' National Geographic issues or our grandfathers' Sears Catalog (prior to the pages being used for more utilitarian duties in the outhouse) is once again on the street. I don't think teenage boys today find it quite as gripping as pre-internet generations but it still seems to boost SI's "reader"-ship each year. This year, the always vaunted cover model is Ms Brooklyn Decker, aka Mrs Andy Roddick.

I was watching her interview on the Today Show this morning and occasional loose canon, Al Roker, could barely contain himself when she said she thought her picture was very "organic". (I can just picture the producers off-camera waving frantically to Al, shaking their heads back and forth and mouthing "NOOOO-oooooooo!!!").

Anyway, when asked in this People article if her tennis star husband might be just a tad miffed that possibly some men might be looking at his wife's pictures with more than an art-appreciation perspective, she replied: "No. He's so proud. I think this gives him a one-up in the locker room for the next year or so."

7 comments:

Ken Adams said...

Pretty girl. It's a shame she's so emaciated. Somebody get her a cheeseburger!

The Conservative Wahoo said...

A beautiful woman is so far ahead of whatever is in second place, that I don't even know what second place is.

Doc Milnamo said...

There is a religion in this world whose adherents believe that in martyrdom, 72 virgins await them in heaven.

I've got news for them, the virgins do not look like Mrs. Andy Roddick. The look exactly like Golda Meir!

Mudge said...

Whew!!! For a minute there, Doc, I thought you were going to try to tell us that our covergirl wasn't a virgin!

"The Hammer" said...

I could get lost in there!

Beyond Bibb's Store said...

boingoingoingoing!

Doc Milnamo said...

But I'm sure Ms. Meir was a very nice person!

Newer Post Older Post Home