Thursday, February 25, 2010

From the "Everyone I Know Voted For McGovern" Department...

Pauline Kael, former movie critic for the New Yorker, is famously thought to have wondered aloud how Nixon could have won the 1972 election, when "everyone I know voted for McGovern." As this Wikipedia reference indicates, it's not certain she actually said that--but you get the picture.

Cut to 2010, and former VP Dick Cheney has suffered his fifth heart attack. Joy Behar (who apparently has something to do with television) is interviewing Bill Maher (ditto). "I just find it interesting that he doesn't get any sympathy from people...people around me, anyway."

6 comments:

"The Hammer" said...

Joy Bahar is a loudmouth obnoxious New York _unt (rhymes with runt). I'm quite sure I couldn't take thirty seconds in her presence with out cold-cocking the bitch. She knows nothing. She has nothing to say other than parroting liberal dogma she picked up from Upper West Side dinner parties and her flaming hair-dresser (who should be given a medal). She's an aggressively arrogant provincial little cow and I want to know who her son is blowing. How else can one explain her being on TV?

Mudge said...

Punt? Bunt? I always get confused when it comes to New York teams, Mets, Yankees, Giants, Jets.

Sally said...

Allen Funt? Roy Blunt? Cold Front? I can't figure it out either.

Doc Milnamo said...

Yenta, she's just a big-mouthed yenta.

"The Hammer" said...

Qunt you idiots! She is Muslim right?
القرآن‎الحمد لله

Q. Forsey said...

Ahh, of quourse.

Newer Post Older Post Home