Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Underwear Bomber and the Shoe Bomber

I'm getting tired of reading Obama Administration officials state that Mirandizing the Underwear Bomber (I won't type his name because it is too long, but you know who I mean) was no problem, 'cause it's what the Bush Administration did with Richard Reid (The Shoe Bomber). This is ridiculous, and Dana Perino and Bill Burck have a nice rejoinder for it here.

Reid's attempted attack occurred a little more than 90 days after the terrible events of 9-11--the country, the Administration, the courts, the military--everyone was still largely groping their way forward in determining how to prosecute this war against Islamic extremism. In fact, there were NO military commissions empaneled to deal with such a situation--though there soon would be.

Any suggestion that 8 years later--after all we've learned and all we've done--a "Bush" team would have Mirandized the underwear bomber--enabling him to "lawyer up"--is just loony. The team in there now just reflexively looks at these events as law enforcement issues, not acts of war worthy of intelligence exploitation.


More on the arrest of the Shoe Bomber.

4 comments:

Mudge said...

Sometimes I think Eric Holder would benefit from a shoe being planted firmly in his underwear.

Smoothfur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smoothfur said...

I have always suspected that Eric Holder's underwear was pink pantys.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Newer Post Older Post Home