Saturday, February 27, 2010

Off On A Pheasant Hunt

Still vainly trying to fit in with this country gentleman thing (that was for you, Hammer), I am off on a pheasant hunt this afternoon, an outing I bid on and won at a fund-raising auction at the kittens' school. The leader of the expedition is a friend of mine here in town, and he hunts on a private preserve of a friend of his a bit up the Shore. The chances of actually killing anything are low, as I am told that the snow has beat down much of the cover that pheasants seem to dig. At least this is what I'm told, as I have but once even seen a pheasant in the wild.

Adding also to the unlikelihood that anything will be killed is the fact that Mudge is joining in the fun, driving up from Virginia's sliver of the Eastern Shore. Mudge "hunts" regularly, but based reporting (his and others) he rarely "kills" anything. Kinda like what they call a "cooler" in the gambling business, the guy who sidles up to your blackjack table and kills the run.

I'll try and bring a digital camera along to capture some of the carnage.

3 comments:

"The Hammer" said...

Got the tweed jacket with the patches on the elbows? Nice $6,000 engraved Beretta over/under 20 ga.? Land Rover with your beloved Irish Water Spaniel at your side? Looking like you'd be right at home on the moors of Balmoral?
Long way from Philly ain't it Pal?

BigFred said...

Never "walk the line" next to the retarded cousin. When going with people you don't know I would suggest positioning yourself on the ends.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Newer Post Older Post Home