Monday, February 15, 2010

What's Wrong With A Military Dictatorship In Iran?

Secretary of State Clinton told a group of students in Qatar yesterday that the Administration fears that Iran is moving toward a "...military dictatorship". This is--again I stress--a cause for fear.

But why? Is a military dictatorship any worse than a religious dictatorship? Or the farcical "democracy" over which the mullahs preside now?

Two things strike me from this story--the first is that military dictatorship per se isn't a bad thing for Iran--but a military dictatorship presided over by the Revolutionary Guards, is. But say for instance, a group of military officers got together and overthrew the mullahs and drove the Revolutionary Guards out of power--would THIS necessarily be bad because it was a military putsch? I don't think so.

Secondly, I think the Administration is undertaking a not so subtle program of trying to instill doubt in the regime--they are trying to get inside Ahmadinejad's head (sorry if I spelled it wrong--I don't care enough to do so correctly). And to that extent, I think it's worth the effort.

3 comments:

"The Hammer" said...

Military dictatorship, theocracy blah blah blah. Could anyone tell the difference?
You know the argument against Hillary was she was inexperienced. But along came Obama and compared to him she's Averell Harriman, so that narrative went away. Well guess what? She still doesn't know her ass from third base.

This administration reminds me of the old Apple Computer joke.
Q. What's the difference between the cub scouts and Apple Computer?
A. The cub scouts have adult supervision.

Anonymous said...

Would the leadership of this military dictatorship come from the present military that has stood by silently and allowed the theocratic leaders to kill torture and repress the people of Iran? And why should we expect them to behave differently when they are in charge?

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Newer Post Older Post Home