Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Sincere Get Well Wish for Former President Clinton

Former President Clinton is reported to be recovering well in New York-Presbyterian Hospital following surgery to install two stents into one of his coronary arteries. He underwent quadruple bypass surgery six years earlier, but apparently one of the bypassed arteries was once again blocked.

For all his faults, I still admire this man's ability to overcome setbacks, albeit often self-imposed. He always looks like he's just having a great time. And for someone who is married to our current Secretary of State, that must require a heck of a lot of "happy thoughts" to get through the day in such fashion.

Apparently, he is resting comfortably under the care of his personal nurse.








In any case, I hope he gets well soon and is back on his feet doing the good deeds that former US Presidents often do.

2 comments:

"The Hammer" said...

Clinton always was likable without coming off as a phony. But the fact is, he is a phony in a lot of ways. In fact, if I had to describe Bill in one word that word would be grifter.
But let's give the Devil his due. No politician in my lifetime has been able to meld sincerity, empathy and bullshit, and actually pull it off, like Bill Clinton. He is the Maestro.

Doc Milnamo said...

Mudge - you killed me with your last sentence. I'm still cleaning coffee of the computers's monitor!

I had quadrupple bypass surgery just a little after he did. His latest episode has given me pause, to do a better job at taking care of myself. Now where's that nurse?

Doc

Newer Post Older Post Home