Thursday, October 2, 2008

Elevator Pet Peeve

One of the joys of this blog is that I have a place to voice my pet peeves...one of the other joys is then having others write in to say they share them (just as one of the downsides of having this blog is when my brothers write in to make fun of my pet peeves).

Well, here's a new one.

I work in a high rise, and there are six elevators serving basically 16 or 17 floors. I rarely, if ever, wait long for an elevator or share an elevator with more than two other people.

Yet I find myself almost daily encountering the "late arrival". You know the type....the door is almost closed as they sprint to the button....or even worse, they stick their arm between the doors. These people are the lowest of the low.

10 comments:

Doc Milnamo said...

Those who try to make their way onto the lift before/while people exit, are lower than pond scum. Come to think of it, they're lower than whale poop.

SamShapiro said...

Where do you fit the guy who passes gas as he leaves or the guy who presses all the buttons when he gets off...or how about the guy who talks to himself or on a cel phone? Where do they rank?

The Conservative Wahoo said...

I love that my pet peeve is spawing others....

Dan said...

If someone does that to me, I ask them if they feel that they are so important that it is worth inconveniencing those of us already on the elevator.

Doc Milnamo said...

Yes samshapiro, the guy who passes gas is a low-life. Unless of course you yourself happen to do a bit of crop-dusting. That is allowed! ;-)

Anonymous said...

"Lift"?

Are we in the UK now or is Madonna a fan of the CW?

Doc Milnamo said...

Neither anon. It was a case of the lazys. I just didn't feel like typing out elevator!

SamShapiro said...

doc, that's the second time this week that I heard the phrase "crop dusting".

Doc Milnamo said...

SamShapiro: It's a keeper eh?

Mudge said...

I like to get on a crowded elevator and ask if anyone would like to sing show tunes with me. I generally get a little more space that way. Another one is ask who needs a hug. Feel free to use these to your own benefit (and at your own risk).

Newer Post Older Post Home