Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Phillies Win the World Series

Well, I just watched the end of a baseball game, and it has me smiling. Truth be told (and maybe some of you can chime in), I used to be a HUGE baseball fan. Huge. I was a Reds fan back when that meant something (my distaste for baseball came after a strike shortened season when the Reds were frozen out of the playoffs).

But I grew up in South Jersey, so going to a major league game meant going to watch the Phillies. I vividly remember the 1980 Series, the last one the Phillies won--I was a sophomore in high school and everyone went wild; a good number of my classmates cut school to go to the victory parade (but not me....bit of a rule follower even then).

So now, when I'm no longer a baseball fan, turning on the game to see the Phillies lock it up brought back a lot of memories of a much simpler time.

Congratulations to the Phillies, the City of Philadelphia, and all my family and friends who have loved this team for so long.

4 comments:

Goldwater's Ghost said...

Little Joey Bagadonuts is happy tonight.

Doc Milnamo said...

Joe Ortlieb is also happy tonight.

Dan said...

This will make John Kruk even more unsufferable.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Newer Post Older Post Home